Bitcoin lines up 10% weekly red candle
Bulls hoping for a rescue move felt the pain, with cross-crypto liquidations totaling $200 million in the 24 hours to the time of writing Saturday, data from on-chain monitoring resource Coinglass confirmed.
For traders, the short-term outlook was thus firmly bearish in character. Popular commentator Crypto Ed eyed a retest of $40,000, but warned that Bitcoin might not stop there.
“Like I said a week ago, not trusting anymore those moves up.”
An accompanying chart showed a projected multi-step downtrend with support levels at $40,000 and $37,500.
Yann Allemann and Jan Happel, co-founders of on-chain analytics firm Glassnode, meanwhile drew attention to the potential for volatility thanks to lower weekend market volumes.
In contrast to the previous week, Bitcoin’s weekly candle set to close Sunday thus included almost $5,000 of losses or nearly 10%.
Nothing stops Bitfinex whales
Nonetheless, not everyone was attempting an exit.
According to the latest data, Bitcoin whales were busy buying up new supply from sellers, with exchange Bitfinex seeing some notable bid volumes getting filled.
Another large-volume wallet of unknown origin likewise continued to buy millions of dollars’ worth of BTC at regular intervals regardless of price action — a strategy known as dollar cost averaging.
The views and opinions expressed here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cointelegraph.com. Every investment and trading move involves risk, you should conduct your own research when making a decision.
- ^ BTC (cointelegraph.com)
- ^ Cointelegraph Markets Pro (pro.cointelegraph.com)
- ^ TradingView (www.tradingview.com)
- ^ multiple tests of $43,000 (cointelegraph.com)
- ^ Coinglass (www.coinglass.com)
- ^ warned (twitter.com)
- ^ #Bitcoin (twitter.com)
- ^ #BTC (twitter.com)
- ^ pic.twitter.com/J4bj2aHCKo (t.co)
- ^ April 8, 2022 (twitter.com)
- ^ Waiting for $40K? Bitcoin’s critical level is already here, says new research (cointelegraph.com)
- ^ $BTC (twitter.com)
- ^ https://t.co/CKj7zF7yXW (t.co)
- ^ pic.twitter.com/cF48gAYxax (t.co)
- ^ April 9, 2022 (twitter.com)
- ^ reported (cointelegraph.com)
- ^ millions of dollars’ worth (twitter.com)